Pages

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Supercharged in Florida

Originally I was looking into trading my 2010 2LT/RS in for a 2012 2SS/RS.  However it was a difficult decision to make since I have put so much blood, sweat and tears into my car.  After toying with the idea I have decided to go the force induction route.  I have looked at several different companies, the choice was pretty easy, I decided to go with Tracy at RX performance in Florida.  He is the ONLY performance company that has put in a lot of R&D money into the LLT engine.  I have bought a few products from him in the past (RX Catch can and CNC ported throttle body), the products are of great quality.  Tracy is also VERY active on forums, both Camaro5.com and BowtieV6 which is a plus in my book.

I then needed to decided on if I was going to go with a single turbo build, twin turbo build or a supercharger.  I quickly discarded the single turbo due to the fact that I absolutely hate turbo lag, and I honestly cannot see a Camaro having a turbocharger over a supercharger.  After looking at the twin turbo build I decided I did not not all that power (close to 500 rwhp) since this would be my daily driver, so that left me with the supercharger.  I've always been a fan of a supercharger build over a turbo build so it was somewhat of an easy decision. 

 The build is costing $9,400 - this includes all labor, tune, supercharger, RX super chiller (air to water intercooler), and a new rear diff that is from an SS Camaro.  Additionally there will be a before and after dyno pull to see the net gain.

I decided to get my car shipped to Florida and I'll go down and pick it up on June 11th.  I was a bit worried about my car getting shipped, however everything went well and according to Tracy the car looks great.  However I'm not very surprised considering the cars that were in the trailer were a Shelby HPE 650, Ferrari F430 and a McLaren MP4.

Shelby HPE 650

McLaren MP4

(left to right)
Shelby HPE 650, McLaren MP4, Ferrari F430

McLaren MP4

McLaren MP4

My Camaro 



1 comment: